Who are we?
DrugStoc is a tech-enabled pharmaceutical access and distribution platform that connects manufacturers of pharmaceutical products to health care providers in sub-Saharan Africa. Founded in 2016, Our clients are hospitals, pharmacies, clinics, and nursing homes. We are an omnichannel platform that removes any barrier for Licensed health workers to find and purchase genuine medication at the right price for their patients.
What You Can Look Forward To
- By 2025, DrugStoc’s goal is to become the largest last mile distributor of health commodities in Nigeria. In an environment plagued with substandard and counterfeit products, we prioritize quality by operating an end-to-end traceable supply chain offering our clients visibility over their supply chain.
- We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.
DrugStoc is looking for a Passionate Procurement Manager who wants to change the current status quo with healthcare in Sub Saharan Africa. S/he should have proven experience in procurement to help scale to its next stage of growth and expansion. Your central goal is to ensure stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes. Our procurement manager will be a supply chain expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of pharmaceutical products, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
What You Get To Do
- Supplier Management in line with international best practice
- Organizing pharmaceutical procurement as part of supply chain
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Finalizing purchase orders, organizing and confirming delivery of pharmaceutical goods and services.
What It Takes To Succeed
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a procurement role in pharma industry.
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain business
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Curiosity about supply chain trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Pharmacology.
- In-depth knowledge of negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- Collaborative skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- A ‘change the world’ mindset and a can do attitude
- Experience working in a Supply chain environment
- Proven working experience as a pharmaceutical procurement manager
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market